First Post - The Tap Drips

This is the first post of my new blog. I have found myself inspired to write a blog following the extraordinary blogging of the Scottish girl and her school meals. Her blog is really showing how one person can make a difference. Good for her and I hope that she keeps going.

http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18454800
As yet I have no such campaign to champion. Maybe that will come. I hope to use my blog to talk about some of those everyday things that I might find annoying, amusing or just interesting.


If anyone gets to read this post you might find some of what I write of interest...I hope so.

The drip, drip of my kitchen tap is annoying me at the moment. My kitchen was fitted just under 5 years ago by a well known high street DIY firm. As part of the kitchen I had a rather expensive mixer tap installed.

Recently this tap has begun to drip. Now, I'm not good at DIY but I thought that I could at least investigate the drip. Due to the foresight of another, I still had the receipts for the kitchen and there in the paperwork was a guarantee for 5 years on this particular tap.

FIVE I hear you say...yes, by some remarkable good fortune the tap is still in warranty. I head straight for the website and after some good old googling I find that;

a). The model has been discontinued.

b). The DIY chain does not stock any products by that company anymore.

c). The manufacturer is a European based company and have no specific UK office.

After a couple of days of emailing I eventually reach the service department who want to see proof of purchase, no problem, I duly send this on. I then receive an email from the service department who claim never to have seen this model before and ask, "Can you take the tap apart and photograph the inside so we can send you spare parts?"

I reply, "there is no obvious way to take apart the tap, do you know how?"

The email comes back, "I don't know, I have never seen the model before."

So I have send a load of pictures, including one with the firms name on it demanding a replacement unit.

Let's see what happens!!

 

Comments

  1. Kind of reminds me of those saucepan lifetime guarantees. Once the saucepan breaks it is the end of its life so the guarantee is void.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are given some kitchen taps this were very helpful stuff for kitchen so make good post here in future best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sparkly bathroom prevented by natural chemical equilibria

Polka dot, 7 inches, 15 minutes, luke warm

What's Your Station?